Ph.D., academic teacher at the Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Law and Administration
He has cooperated with the TPG Law Office since 2020.
Dr Porzycki specializes in insolvency law, in particular in international insolvency and insolvency-related issues of property law. He has authored several publications in insolvency law, most recently a commentary on the Polish regulation of insolvency of real estate developers (2019).
His areas of interest include also monetary law, monetary integration in Europe and economic policy.
Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Jagiellonian University (2002), Ph.D. in law at the Jagiellonian University (2006, doctoral studies at the European Doctoral College of Universities of Krakow, Mainz and Heidelberg)
English, German (proficient), French, Italian, Ukrainian (fair), Portuguese, Russian, Slovak (passive)
- academic teacher and researcher at the Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Law and Administration (since 2006). His teaching and research areas include domestic and international insolvency law, monetary law and economic policy;
- guest lecturer at universities in Padova (Italy), Salzburg (Austria), Vilnius (Lithuania), Kyiv, Lviv and Ternopil (Ukraine), Barcelona (Spain), Nancy (France);
- participation in the expert group of the Polish Ministry of Justice for the reform of Polish insolvency law (2012). Co-author and editor of the group’s recommendations;
- participation in the drafting panel of the Polish Ministry of Justice for the Restructuring Law (2013-14, the Restructuring Law was adopted in 2015);
- national reporter for Poland in the evaluation of the Council Regulation No. 1346/2000 on insolvency proceedings by the Heidelberg/Vienna evaluation team, in view of its envisaged amendment (2012);
- participation in the expert group of the Polish Ministry of Economy (later Ministry of Development) for preparation of regulatory reforms (2015-16);
- consulting work for the European Central Bank (2005-15);
- cooperation with the Office for the Integration with the Euro Area at the National Bank of Poland on the legal chapter of the comprehensive report on the euro adoption in Poland (2008-9);
- one of coordinators of Ukrainian programs at the Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Law and Administration (since 2006);
- occasional teaching and expert work in insolvency law for law firms and public institutions, domestic and international (lectures, expert opinions, conference presentations and papers etc.).